MARKETING AND GRAPHIC DESIGN SPECIALIST
Jack L. Gordon Architects, a dynamic, award-winning, NYC architecture firm celebrating our 50th year in practice, seeks a creative and experienced marketing professional to join our team. This critical role focuses on the preparation of proposals and presentations of exceptional quality, as well as assisting in all aspects of the maintenance, development, and distribution of content across digital and conventional channels.
We’re seeking a rare professional with 2-5 years experience who offers an exceptional balance of essential marketing skills:
- Strong writing talent and skill—with the ability to learn new information quickly, distill down to essential messages, and deliver those messages in fresh and effective ways;
- A creative eye for composition, photography, graphic design (typography, layout), and color —and the ideas and Adobe CC skills to bring what we produce to life;
- A team player who can take initiative and independently own their responsibilities to do what it takes to meet the highest standards of quality with everything they do.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Proven writing ability and a proactive communications style including strong editing and proofreading skills;
- Strong proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, MS Office. Some Illustrator and Premiere a plus;
- Hands-on experience producing and writing proposals and presentations under deadline;
- Experience with social media, MailChimp, and WordPress, and basic proficiency with SEO and analytics;
- Database research and management;
- Ability to support and strengthen brand standards and messaging;
- Possesses 2-5 years of experience in the A/E industry or with a professional services firm supporting B2B marketing.
The Marketing and Graphic Design Specialist will be responsible for the following under direction of the Marketing Director:
50% Take the lead in the production of proposals and presentations, including creating InDesign
mockups, drafting customized written responses to RFPs and project descriptions; collaborate
and coordinate with the marketing team, architects, and consultants to develop and update all
proposal-related materials, collect project data, and manage photo archives.
25% Assist with the development and design of new digital and print templates and content for
proposals, presentations, as well as targeted social media, email campaigns, web, direct mail,
10% Regularly generate social media content featuring engaging posts and compelling visuals as
well as assist with audience engagement and development across our social channels.
10% Research, build, and manage our target audience databases for direct mail and e-campaigns.
5% General marketing and administrative support as needed.
Jack L. Gordon Architects offers candidates a competitive salary and benefits package and a collaborative and supportive workplace culture. We encourage professional growth and create opportunities for all employees to participate in the shaping of the firm’s evolution, day-to-day operations, and culture. With monthly celebrations, lunch-and-learns, Summer Friday lunches, and special happy hours, JLGA supports an enjoyable, engaging, tolerant, and collegial workplace.
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, writing samples, and a link or pdf with graphic design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not include a headshot).
JLGA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.