LOMBARDI ENTRANCE AND COMFORT STATIONS
The Lombardi Center Addition is the first phase of an expansion and modernization of this 1920’s structure. The building is located on Fordham University’s Rose Hill Campus, opposite the Bronx Botanical Garden and Bronx Zoo. It is the University’s objective to expand the facility to accommodate needed classrooms, offices, and -- through this expansion -- change the exterior of the building.
The program required a system that could be implemented based on funding available. To address the expansion, JLGA developed a system of modules that could be constructed individually based on funding received. The additions would be two stories in height. The modules could initially be built as one story structures designed to accommodate a second floor. The modules will accommodate classrooms, offices, toilet facilities, and MEP equipment.
Due to the variations in openings required to address the various needs of the individual module, a metal skin system was specified. This first module is a one story structure containing public toilets and a new glass-enclosed entrance.